Monday, November 1, 2010

The End of October

Yesterday was Halloween and the last day of October. The weather was perfect and the kids had a good day. Tomorrow is election day and I am off from work through Wednesday. I am taking some CareerTrack workshops, which isn't really how I envisioned my days off but oh well. I will not be running the marathon this year, as my gallbladder surgery is still in the recovery stage. I have begun walking and am confident I will be back up to five/six/seven miles in a few months. Thank goodness I have the treadmill this year - I will be using this as soon as the temp drops below 50F in the AM.
So as Fall rolls in and the long Winter run moves up, my focus will also change course.

And despite my love for Summer and the warm weather, I am surprisingly looking forward to the next few months. I am excited about getting back to running. I also have my Christmas cards planned so I am anxious to get going on these as well. I am looking forward to the Run/Walk for Life with TEAM MDLS - I may even run the 3.2 miles! And since both girls are dancing in the Nutcracker, that will be a treat as well.

I will be crafting more this fall and trying to stay on top of things through the holidays. We are working on our budget and can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel - it is not a train but it is a long tunnel! But we are all happy and healthy and, really, what more can you ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment