Sunday, February 14, 2010

Missing Socks

I wash most of our clothes in this house - about eight loads a week - and it has always baffeld me how we could lose socks. I have several socks without pairs for the kids. Most are really cute and I am sad that they are now lone socks. But they do not go to waste. I give them to the kids to make socks monkeys or puppets and they love it. I even occassionally lose a sock of my own. However, last week I lost one of my favorites socks. I didn't worry too much at first, thinking it would show up in a later load. But it didn't. I love those socks. Where the hell is it? I could completely understand if I was washing clothes at the laundermat or taking my clothes somewhere else to wash or dry. I might even wonder if I had taken a trip if perahps I had forgotten one of the socks. But none of these are the case. I wash all my own clothes and I do so in the luxury of my own house - where is that sock?!?!!! I am truly confused, annoyed, bewildered. Where could it be? The mysteries of life constantly confound me but this is a bit too much even for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment